Intel doublescan modes

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Sat Oct 27 08:22:03 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 10:37:03AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In i830_{lvds,crt,sdvo,tv,dvo}_init and I810PreInit, doubleScanAllowed
> is set to FALSE (thus even for CRTs). Does that mean that no Intel board
> support doublescan modes?
>
> Nota: these modes (e.g. 320x200) are useful as an easy solution for
> low-sighted people.

I think this question was never answered, so I'd like to bring it up again.
I am also intrested in getting 320x240 fullscreen to work in my Intel G965.
Neither 915resolution nor xrandr list that resolution.

Is it at all possible? Alternatively, is there a way to configure
X to simulate 320x240/fullscreen when an application requests it?
Right now I always get 640x480 with big black borders, which reminds me
of the "good" old XFree86 3.x days...

cheers,
Christian