lockup after VT switch with intel driver

Willi Mann foss-ml at wm1.at
Wed Oct 24 09:51:46 PDT 2007

>> - One is a complete system freeze, even a remote ssh session is frozen.

> If its the same bugs as we found and chased in Ubuntu, then the hard
> lock on VT freeze is one of two sets of registers being programmed
> during mode switch. The palette registers fix is now in git.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-October/029534.html

I've applied the other part. I'll see how it turns out, as I can only
say for sure after some days.

>> - The other one can clearly be triggered by playing some video with XV.

> A possible fix for that: (Although perhaps not, given your backtrace)

They didn't help, or at least the parts that I applied didn't help. What
I applied is attached. I wasn't sure how to apply the last hunk of
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-October/029534.html, as
the code of master in git and your patch diverge too much here.

Willi