xf86-video-ati-6.7.195 - don't load my customized video mode - and seems to work only with the buggy DDC video modes.

wallak at free.fr wallak at free.fr
Tue Oct 23 03:35:50 PDT 2007

I've tried further using theses new options, but it still failed. When I look at
the log, the driver assign my VGA monitor as a S-video device and failed. (Logs:
'Output S-video using monitor section Compaq-15xxS'). The driver seems to
prevent the monitor to be seen as a VGA device. Using the old 6.6.3 ati driver,
everything work fine. Have you an idea where the bug can be ? I will try to fix
it.

I've tried various options in the device section of my video card:
1)  Option          "Monitor-VGA" "Compaq-15xxS"
2)  Option          "Monitor-VGA-0" "Compaq-15xxS"
3)  Option          "Monitor-VGA-1" "Compaq-15xxS"

Best Regards,

J. Wallak

----- End forwarded message -----