Question regrading Multi Seat X and input devices

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Oct 22 05:41:37 PDT 2007

Sagi Ben-Akiva escreveu:
> Hello,

Hi Sagi,

> I'm using a machine that runs SLES10, Xorg 6.9.0-50.45
> and has 2 gfx cards.
> I'm trying to run 2 X servers, 1 on each gfx card,
> that share the same input devices,
> i.e. same keyboard and mouse.

Maybe xrandr using the clone mode is what you're looking for.

Just for curiosity, why do you want to do this? I don't see any
application of such thing. Two different desktops with the same input
devices controlling them. Weird.

What makes sense for me is to enable such pair of devices when one
desktop is "active" while the other one is "inactive". The input hotplug
scheme let you easily do this.

Cheers

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre