xf86-video-ati-6.7.195, no DVI output

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:12:15 PDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Giuliano Pochini <pochini at shiny.it> wrote:

> I compiled xorg-7.3 with xf86-video-ati-6.7.195 . I have an LCD display, but
> the driver detects it as attached to the VGA port. Is there a way to force
> it to use DVI-0 ?  I didn't try with a CRT, but I can test it if it matters.
>
> Linux Jay 2.6.22.1 #3 SMP Sun Sep 16 15:39:49 CEST 2007 ppc 7455, altivec supported PowerMac3,6 GNU/Linux
> Radeon 9000pro

Mac cards don't have a connector table so we don't usually know how
the ports are wired up.  You may need a custom connector table, but
I'm guessing the ddc lines are just reversed.  Can you post your xorg
log and tell me what ports your card has and which ones you are using?
 In the mean time you may want to try the following option:

Option "ReverseDDC" "true"

Alex