Status of shaders for r300 ?

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Sun Oct 21 04:09:45 PDT 2007

Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Radeon 9600 XT
> X.Org X Server 1.4.0
> Mesa 7.0.1
> I tried playing a bit with shaders, but even the basic shaders from the
> mesa GLSL examples (e.g. brick) don't work:
>
> Warning: this program expects OpenGL 2.0
> Mesa 7.0.1 implementation error: User called no-op dispatch function (an unsupported extension function?)
> Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org
>
> That looks like unimplemented functions, but I'm not sure.
> Could someone tell me what's missing, i.e. just some unimplemented
> instructions in GLSL somewhere (and in that case where does the code
> lives), or more complicated functions missing ?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Xav

r300 support ARB vertex & fra

g program mesa can provide support of glsl
through this but you need to hack a bit (never looked in this myself) i
believe
there is a 965gsl branch or maybe even the 945 driver already as support for
this  you should look into this driver to see what is needed to do.

Cheers,
Jerome