Composite problem

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sun Oct 21 01:55:21 PDT 2007

I have a strange problem with enabling transparency
in KDE here; In other words with the Composite extension.

The system is one that has been upgraded with self compiled
parts since year 1996 :-)

Anyway I am now on 7.3 and everything works fine, but the
composite stuff  only draws the shadow and the contents of the
window just blinks for a brief moment and disappears. When you
move the mouse over a button it again appears only for a brief
instant.

Something must have gone wrong during the numerous upgrades
and I would like to found out what., and get it working.

Anyone out there seen this this behavior ??

Best

Dag