How to invole into x code

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Oct 20 13:14:06 PDT 2007

zhengyi wrote:
> haha, the same question of mine!
>
> But now, I'm reading kernel code, and want have a rough knowledge of
> Linux Driver Module. I think that will help me on X system.
>
> Any suggestion ?

The X.org wiki contains several introductory pages.  I would
suggest to start with:

  http://www.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
  http://www.x.org/wiki/Development

Some documentation may be out of date or simply incorrect.  If you
find an error, please get a wiki account and fix it so whoever
comes after you will find better documentation.

The first step to start working on X would be to succeed in
rebuilding the modular tree, including the X server.
You should get somewhat familiar with the auto{conf,make}.

Then, it all depends on what your interests are.  Feel free
to ask more specific questions when you're done with the above
steps.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/