Is there an accelerated driver for SIS671 Mirage 3?

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Sat Oct 20 11:16:04 PDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 11:09:39AM -0400, Peter McDade wrote:
> I have an ECS 671T-M motherboard with on board video, Mirage 3. I have
> installed Ubuntu Gutsy v7.10. X could not setup GUI correctly. It set the
> wrong Horz and Vert rates. I have tried the SIS driver in the xorg.conf file
> and that did not work. The Balance CM2017 monitor can do 1280x1024,
> 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480. Though I do not have the original monitor
> Hfq/Vfq settings, I can get it to work in DPMS with the vesa driver using
> H30-50/V40-60.

Have you tried simply removing the Horiz and Vert rates?  The X in Gutsy
does a fair job of guessing these automatically if they're missing.

You can also try installing the xresprobe package and then run ddcprobe
to see what details can be retrieved about your monitor.  read-edid (and
the command `get-edid | parse-edid` is another option; it gives
basically the same info.

Bryce