xserver: Branch 'master'

David Nusinow dnusinow at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 20 08:58:57 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 03:16:27PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> +	if (chosen_driver == NULL) {
> +#if defined  __i386__ || defined __amd64__ || defined __hurd__
> +	    chosen_driver = "vesa";
> +#elif defined __alpha__
> +	    chosen_driver = "vga";
> +#elif defined __sparc__
> +	    chosen_driver = "sunffb";
> +#else
> +	    chosen_driver = "fbdev";
> +#endif

Since this code is being enabled, I'd appreciate it if porters could take a
look at these fallbacks and make changes where necessary. I wrote this
based off our fallbacks in the Debian config scripts, but I'm not sure
they're still correct for all arches. This code is supposed to make a
last-ditch effort to choose a driver for a system when none is defined in
xorg.conf, so if something is wrong for your arch let's fix it now.

 - David Nusinow