Initial benchmark of Glucose/i965 with expedite

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Oct 19 14:56:09 PDT 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:53:04 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:10:32 +0000 (UTC), José Fonseca wrote:
> > I wrote some quick status info on
> >
> >   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Glucose
>
> Thanks for this. It's helpful for me, and likely for others as well.

So I got it all to compile and started running some benchmarks. I
tried a new benchmark this time which is the "expedite" program that
comes with evas.

I've written up more details with a bar chart here:

	http://cworth.org/glucose/i965/first_look/

The short summary is that I'm not seeing any benefit to running
Glucose over XAA on my i965 machine.

I might have botched things entirely, so I'd be glad if anyone could
tell me things I could do to verify that I'm actually getting expected
results.

I did find that one of the tests failed due to a failed symbol in some
glucose module, (I don't have the details now, as I'm not near that
machine and expedite sadly requires user interaction to run---I'll
post more details when I'm back at that machine later).

As always, any feedback is welcome,

-Carl