1280x720 Resolution Acer Aspire 5652 Wlmi Laptop nvidia

truthy eliah_msg at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 18 22:25:44 PDT 2007

hi there,

I am using debian etch rc1 with the newest nvidia-drivers 100.14.19, kde on
my acer aspire 5652 wlmi notebook (15,4'' max resolution 1280x800, CMO1526
Panel). direct rendering is enabled and works fine. the problem is that i
would like to watch movies in this custom 16:9 resolution 1280x720, which I
know is supported by my hardware. I tested this resolution in WinXP with
Powerstrip und created a custom Modeline.

With all the Options enabled I can actually load the resolution but instead
of 1280x720, I get 1280x800 - the difference to 720 - black spaces up/down.
Does somebody know how to get in to Fullscreen - or could it be that my
ModeLine isn't correct?

regards,
truthy

kernel: 2.6.18-5-686