VNC patch for Xserver 1.3

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:26:10 PDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > You may want to try my patch. I remember fixing this. Or, you just
> > need to make sure the symlink-vnc.sh script is executable after
> > applying the patch.
> >
> > chmod +x symlink-vnc.sh
> >
> > That may be why it's not finding auth.c. I believe it gets symlinked
> > from hw/vnc -> hw/xfree86/vnc.
>
> *bang* That was the sound of Dan's hammer hitting Colin's nail on the head.

Glad to know that solved things. I think I'll go add that chmod
reminder to my patch header so I don't forget again.

> After applying the patch, I simply do the chmod as you suggest and all
> seems well :) Certainly things get past this. I still have issues with
> dmx but I don't htink it's related to this specifically so I wont go
> into detail.

I recall that I couldn't build dmx on vanilla xorg-server-1.4, so it
might not be the VNC patch causing problems.

> I'd still suggest a cleanup of the CVS repo to merge the missing
> upstream files properly all the same.

I really wanted to send some patches to Alan and Brian, but I was
pretty worn out after the effort to generate the patch. One of these
days I'm gonna import the xf4vnc repo into git and start cleaning
things up in a sane way.

--
Dan