Intel driver: initial mode issue..

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Oct 18 05:32:26 PDT 2007

On 2007/10/18 18:24 (GMT+0800) Rob Kramer apparently typed:

> After upgrading to openSuse 10.3 x86_64, my screen doesn't want to start in
> 1600x1200 anymore. Instead, it uses 1152x864:

> (II) intel(0): Output VGA using initial mode 1152x864

> I can use xrandr to change this, but I'm just wondering why it doesn't pick
> the first entry in the Screen section anymore.

Recent Intel driver versions are pretty mixed up, hard to tell if broken or
just doing things differently than we expect, requiring configuration
changes. Try putting in Section "Monitor":
	Option "PreferredMode" "1600x1200"
--
"The basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings
we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409