PCI Config on Intel 855 chip after resume

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 08:06:13 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 22:58 +0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 15:23 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it normal for the PCI config space to be changed after a resume from
> > S3 such that memory regions are disabled?
>
> Yeah, fairly normal. Use 'vbetool post', or other hacks to restore the
> PCI config space. Jbarnes is working on 'real' suspend/resume support
> that will live in the DRM driver. It saves and restores these registers,
> along with the rest of the video register set. When that's ready, we'll
> finally have reliable, BIOS-free S3 on intel chips.

the system is using vbetool post already, and I got the person seeing
the bug to enable further PCI space restore hacks.

I note its not the main video card PCI address, the one with disabled
mem is 00:02.1. Does this make any difference?

Could it coming back like this explain the lack of textures seen in:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/133118 ?

Best wishes

--
Peter Clifton