Problem with xorg ati driver (open source "ati")

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:55:14 PDT 2007

Hi,

Im currently having a bit of a problem with the ati driver as included
with ubuntu gutsy atm.

My problem is that when I set the reolution of my screen to its native
resolution (1680x1050)(22" LG L222Ws) it appears that the driver
thinks the screen is 2x the size it actually is, and so, large
portions of the desktop appear to be outside the viewable area.  I
have tried using the exact xorg.conf that was/is working with the
earlier earlier driver. The driver that works is the
xserver-xorg-video-ati-1:6.6.3-2ubuntu6 . anything newer than that has
the issue.

You can find various extra details here:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/147329

Hope someone can provide me with an answer.

Jussi