tv-output on radeon 7000M using crtc 0

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:08:31 PDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Songmao Tian <tiansm at lemote.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     radeon vidix driver of Mplayer seems to use crtc 0,  so I want to
> force tv-out to use crtc 0, I issue the following command but failed.
>
> loongson at debian:~/project/x-ati/xrandr/xrandr$ ./xrandr --output S-video
> --mode 640x480 --crtc 0
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  155 (RANDR)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  21 ()
>   Serial number of failed request:  17
>
> so how to fix it? I have been tracing the xrandr, but without good result.

right now the driver will only allow you to enable one output per
crtc, so you'll need to change whatever is using crtc 0 to use crtc1
or turn whatever is using crtc 0 off so that you can free up crtc 0
for use with the tv port.  Depending on your setup, you might also be
able to use output cloning (assigning multiple outputs to one crtc)
using the following patch:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/radeon_clones.diff

Alex