Fwd: LG Flatron L226WTQ with intel and radeon drivers

Amit Kucheria amit.kucheria at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:17:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

I just bought a 22" LCD (LG Flatron L226WTQ) with a native resolution
of 1680x1050. I am running Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) on two laptops that
contains the following versions of the drivers:

xserver-xorg-video-intel - 2.1.1
xserver-xorg-video-ati - 6.7.195

Intel Graphics
----------------
The problem is that I an unable to get the native resolution of this
monitor working on either laptop. On the x60s (with intel graphics
945GM/GMS), the desktop extends beyond the physical screen and no
amount of playing with modelines has fixed this.

ATI Graphics
On the T41 (with ATI graphics, radeon RV250), the desktop is shifted 2
inches to the left. Hitting the "Autoset" button on the LCD fixes it
momentarily, but then it goes back to being shifted.

I am using the VGA connector to connect the monitory. Xorg.0.log for
both laptops is attached. Any pointers to solve the problem are
appreciated.

Regards,
Amit

Amit Kucheria                            Helsinki, Finland