Better MonitorLayout default for ATI-driven laptops?

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Sun Oct 14 18:02:05 PDT 2007

I tried out the zero-config X thingy on the weekend ( doing a complete
re-install ), and found one show-stopper for zero-config operation on
ATI laptops. The driver defaults to CRT ( I think - at least it doesn't
default to the panel ) resulting in no output on the LCD panel. Perhaps
this should be reversed, so TDMS or LDMS ( or whatever it is, I'm not at
my laptop at the moment ) is the default. If I hadn't encountered this
before, it would have taken me *ages* to figure out what the problem
was.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer