xserver: Branch 'master'

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Oct 12 07:32:46 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 07 16:28:18 +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > I think this change is wrong, drivers don't use pixman directly so
> > there's no reason for them to link with libpixman.
> > cflags are already included when using Requires.private.
>
> But they don't build any longer. They include miscstruct.h (from
> xserver), which #include <pixman.h> which is not in a standard include
> directory.

Before I forget:

Alternatives would be:

- All drivers using miscstruct.h would have to add autoconf checks for
  pixman. This is IMHO *very* wrong, because it breaks backwards
  compatibility for no good reason.

- The include for pixman.h should be removed from miscstruct.h. It
  remains to be seen to which source files pixman.h would have to be
  added. Certainly a viable way to go, so if you want to do that, GA.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de