xserver-1.4-branch & 1.4.1 release?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Oct 8 18:13:50 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:03:50AM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:46:25PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> > I've seen in the XDS notes that a 1.4.1 release is planned in about
> > 6 weeks - are we using xserver-1.4-branch for that?   Is it open for
> > commits by everyone now or are their special rules/designated committers?
>
> Still using server-1.4-branch, and still with the same nomination
> process.  Unless Adam or Eric have any fierce objections, we'll roll
> with the usual process (nominate on the wiki and then one of us three
> will cherry-pick) for the next 3 or so weeks, then drop back into code
> freeze rules (patches have to be reviewed by at least one of us three,
> in addition to the committer).
>
> We haven't worked out who exactly will do it yet, but I can and am happy
> to (much input stuff to fix up before I start blue-skying again), so.

Hi,
I'll be release-managing 1.4.1, since the biggest changes will be a
bunch of input fixes I need to cherry-pick from Peter's MPX work
(thanks!) to make extended events really work properly.  One of Eric or
Adam will do 1.5.0, so I don't know what the alpha/beta/RC schedule for
that looks like, but I assume it needs pciaccess to settle down and come
into wider use first.  Anyway.

Due to various travel commitments and not having really got started
properly until now, I'm pre-emptively slipping 1.4.1 by 10 days, to
November 10th.

As always, nominate on http://www.x.org/wiki/Server14Branch.  Block any
bugs on xorg-server-1.4.1 (that's an alias, and works anywhere a bug
number is called for).

Cheers,
Daniel