magictouch input driver xorg 7.5.3

Herve Remigy Herve.Remigy at unibas.ch
Sun Oct 7 15:46:09 PDT 2007

Dear all,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. If not, feel free to blame
me!
The "magictouch" touchscreen input driver seems to be broken in ver. 7.5.3.

Xorg.0.log says:

(II) LoadModule: "magictouch"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//magictouch_drv.so
(EE) LoadModule: Module magictouch does not have a magictouchModuleData data
object.
(II) UnloadModule: "magictouch"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//magictouch_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "magictouch" (invalid module, 0)

I recompiled it from the x.org tarbal magictouch sources, same thing.
Any idea about what may have change between 7.5.3 and previous versions?

Thank you very much.