Question on Dual-Head/TwinView Configuration with intel/i810 driver

Michael Duelli m.duelli at web.de
Thu Oct 4 10:27:43 PDT 2007

Colin Guthrie schrieb:
> Michael Duelli wrote:
>> yes, this is the official manual. It describes only a bigdesktop
>> solution, but not how to configure TwinView :-)
>
> AFAIK, "TwinView" is the name nvidia gave to their Xinerama-esque
> implementation so it wont be available in any other driver other than
> nvidia.
>
> What do you want to do? Are you looking to have two separate display
> numbers (e.g. DISPLAY=0.1 and DISPLAY=0.2?) and not be able to drag
> windows between them (although let the pointer move between them)?

The only thing that I am missing is maximizing windows on the two
screens separately. With the usual bigdesktop configuration, a maximized
window will have the size 2560x1024 for me.

I would really like to have it maximized at 1280x1024 within the screen
that I clicked on it.

Dragging windows between the two screen should be still possible, of course.