Question on Dual-Head/TwinView Configuration with intel/i810 driver

Michael Duelli m.duelli at web.de
Thu Oct 4 08:03:03 PDT 2007

Hi all,

it was pretty easy to follow the instructions given in the offical
manual to set up a working dual head (bigdesktop) configuration.

Desparately, I was not able to figure out so far, how to configure the
intel driver, so that I have two separate screens within this bigdesktop
aka TwinView (?!).

As far as I can see Xinerama is currently not working with version 2.1.1
on Gentoo.

So I wonder, whether it is possible to get a TwinView with the current
intel driver ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Michael