r300 opengl lagre screen limitation

Stanislovas Mickus smickus at mail.ru
Thu Oct 4 05:12:04 PDT 2007

Hello,
I'm not sure if this the right place to write this, but I want to
resolve r300 driver limitation to render opengl just till 2560 pixel
width. There is a bug filled on this subject(#8357).
So I would like to solve this problem. Although I'm not experienced in
3D drivers and xorg server programming, I'm willing to invest time to
solve it.
I need assistance and information on what needs to be done to accomplish
this. I read various thoughts about solutions.
One of them is mentioned in a link above. That is, playing with
cliprects and radeon registers
(R300_SE_VPORT_XOFFSET,R300_SE_VPORT_YOFFSET, R300_RB3D_COLOROFFSET0,
R300_RB3D_DEPTHOFFSET).
Other idea is splitting 3d context into more contexts and offsetting
them with RE_TOP_LEFT register if its possible.
It would be nice to here opinion of people who have some knowledge on
this topic.

Thanks