XCreatePixmapCursor stats a lot of files...

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:15:58 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
>
> > While stracing a program, I found that XCreatePixmapCursor() has some
> > very surprising behavior.
>
> FWIW, configuring with --disable-loadable-xcursor works and eliminates
> the problem (libXcursor is not loaded and the file checks don't
> occur).

That disables cursor theming altogether. It is ok that
XCreateGlyphCursor() and XCreateFontCursor() browses the disk to find
a fitting cursor because you only specify the cursor by name when
calling those functions. Then it is good that the cursor is themed,
but not in the XCreatePixmapCursor() case.

Can't just XCreatePixmapCursor() be fixed to do the right thing? Pretty please?

--
mvh Björn