No usb mouse with synaptics

Jan Willies jan at willies.info
Mon Oct 1 02:14:10 PDT 2007

Peter Hutterer wrote:

> did you add the mouse to your ServerLayout section?
> if so, please post it. If not, there's your problem.

That was indeed the problem, thanks!

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"
         Screen          "Default Screen"
         InputDevice     "Keyboard"                      "CoreKeyboard"
         InputDevice     "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"    "CorePointer"
         InputDevice     "Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Keyboard"
         Driver          "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
         Driver          "synaptics"
         Option          "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
         Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mouse0"
         Option          "MinSpeed"      "0.10"
         Option          "MaxSpeed"      "0.16"
         Option          "AccelFactor"   "0.0013"
         Option          "SHMConfig"     "false"
         Option          "RTCornerButton"        "0"
         Option          "RBCornerButton"        "0"
         Option          "LTCornerButton"        "0"
         Option          "LBCornerButton"        "0"
         Option          "VertEdgeScroll"        "false"
         Option          "HorizEdgeScroll"       "false"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mouse1"
         Option          "Protocol"      "auto"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents" "true"
         Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
         Option          "Buttons"       "5"
EndSection

Unfortunately hotplugging does not work now. I have to start the Xserver
with the USB-Mouse attached otherwise it won't work.

- Jan