RandR support

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Nov 30 15:59:45 PST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 14:18:12 Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 4:18 PM, Andrew Oakley <andrew at ado.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> > I'm trying to use RandR to support multiple screens, instead of using
> > Xinerama.  Unfortunatly I can't seem to get RandR to recoginse more than
> > 1 screen at a time, and havn't found any documentation on how to do this.
>
> the nv driver only support randr on new g80 based hw.  randr support
> for mga is available on a branch in git.

Depending on what GPU you have you might consider trying the Nouveau driver.
RandR is reported to be sort of working on NV40 cards.  If you want to try
to "hack" on some open driver code to get things working why not the Nouveau
driver?  In addition this is what the Nouveau team is working on right now
and I am sure they would not mind additional help.