Website maintenance volunteers?

Zack Rusin zack at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Nov 29 03:44:48 PST 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 04:25:40 pm Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > You're right that ikiwiki is a great option -- we just need someone to
> > do it. :)
>
> I will volunteer. I have an account on a freedesktop machine and could
> install and set it all up in my own home directory if desired. I could
> also spider all content and convert to different format if needed.

<snip>

> Please (anyone) expand on the above and add to it. What are your ideas for
> the website?

This sounds great!
Any chance we could also do the transition on dri.freedesktop.org ?
I've been fighting with spam on it for a little bit and even judging from
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/RecentChanges it's clear that it's not
productive at all. Anything that would help the spam situation there would be
a blessing.
Ideally content but not user accounts would be migrated (due to insane
semantics of account removal in moinmoin there's hundredes of pure-spam
accounts that I'd prefer would just disappear).

zack