Website maintenance volunteers?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Nov 28 12:37:51 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 12:31:03PM -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> python uses moin, and has several people subscribed to receive
> email on page changes.  we see the spam, and can hack it out
> pretty quickly (just revert the page), since there's more than
> one person watching. you can dial up the settings, the question
> becomes at what point does it become a barrier for the people
> who legitimately want to contribute.

wiki.mythtv.org went from Moin to MW pretty much precisely because of
that: our regular participation index something like sextupled, and has
dropped off to a couple dozen edits a day, where we'd often go days
with no traffic on Moin.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA