xorg crashing with "Fatal server error: lockup" in xorg.log and "[drm:drm_lock_free] *ERROR* 1 freed heavyweight lock held by 2" in messages

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Wed Nov 28 04:20:46 PST 2007

		Hello out there.

With xorg-git (xserver, libs, drivers, mesa) from 2007-11-22 and
drm-kernel-modules of linux-2.6.22.14, we experienced an Xorg crash
while a glx application which displayed positions in real-time was
running along with another, not gl(x)-related application when KDE
displayed the mouse-over display for an icon on the panel (kicker).

As the crash produced messages and backtrace, I'll attach them here.

Any insights welcome.

conditions:
xorg-git (xserver, libs, drivers, mesa) from 2007-11-22
drm from linux 2.6.22.14
kernel linux 2.6.22.14

intel 965GM on a latitude D830

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion