How to change the runtime search patch for cross compiled Xfbdev

thisway.diy thisway.diy at 163.com
Tue Nov 27 08:34:56 PST 2007

Hi, all:
   I set "--prefix=/work/crossbuild" when cross compiling Xfbdev.
And put all the things in /work/crossbuild/ to the dir /usr/X11/
in my ARM board's root fs.
   I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH well, when I use strace to
log the Xfbdev, found that it try to find the libaries in "/work/crossbuild/lib" first.
Some log information of strace are:
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/work/crossbuild/lib/v4l/half/libXfont.so.1", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat64("/work/crossbuild/lib/v4l/half", 0xbeef04d0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/work/crossbuild/lib/v4l/libXfont.so.1", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

   How can I diable it to search the dir "/work/crossbuild/lib"?
   I can see a lot of "-rpath /work/crossbuild/lib" when compiling Xfbdev, It seems to
remove all the "-rpath" is difficult.

   Another question, I don't know how to change the default font dir. When Xfbdev runs,
there are some message as:
Could not init font path element work/crossbuild/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!

   So I "mkdir -p work/crossbuild/lib/X11/fonts" in the board, and copy all the fonts to this dir.
It seems to be a stupid way.Can somebody tell me the standard solution?

   My english is poor, I hope you can understand what I mean.

        thisway.diy
        thisway.diy at 163.com
          2007-11-28