Xorg total lockup!

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Nov 27 06:36:42 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:03:38PM +0100, 6dsgsdf dfgsdfg wrote:
> Hi, is the second time that i write in this mailing list to solve a bug that i had using Xorg with "Ati Radeon 9200 pro"
>
> XORG'S LOGS>
> /*
> tossed event which came in late
> mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
> (a lot of time)
> */

This just means that your server is hung.  Usually it's waiting for the
graphics chip, which is locked up.

> I tryed all versions of xorg and ati driver from stable, testing, unstable and experimental, I also searched on google and various forums and editet evrything in my "xorg.conf" but i can't solve this fuckin bug!
> The only solution is disabling "DRI" in "xorg.conf" but without DRI I have some problems seeing high definition dvds and some HD videos. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

If you have lots of options in xorg.conf (especially AGPFastWrite), try
removing them.  If your system is overclocked, try running it normally.
Things like this.

Also, you really need to attach (not paste) full logs for bug reports.

Cheers,
Daniel