possible bug

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Mon Nov 26 08:46:19 PST 2007

Hi List,

I'm currently trying to extend the X*DeviceControl mechanism found in
Xinput.h, and I think I have found a bug.

E.g. in getdctl.c, l. 134: (not the only occassion)

    xDeviceAbsCalibState *calib = (xDeviceAbsCalibState *) buf;
    [...]
    calib->length = sizeof(calib);

AFAIK, sizeof(pointer) is 4 or 8 for most archs, which is too low in
some if not all cases. This length is pretty much ignored on the server
side, so we have no problems here. But if I haven't missed a thing, that
wrong lenght still makes it to the client, asking for trouble there.

May someone more familiar with the code have a look at this?

Regards,

Simon