How to fake a motion and press event ?

Wang Baisheng baisheng.wang.cn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:30:15 PST 2007

Hi,
        I want to fake a x event, just as we select some text in the text
entry using
drag mouse, so I use the Xtst, the code is following:

        XTestFakeMotionEvent(xdpy, 0, 50, 100, CurrentTime);
        XTestFakeButtonEvent(xdpy, 1, True, CurrentTime);
        XTestFakeMotionEvent(xdpy, 0, 100, 2000, CurrentTime);
        XTestFakeButtonEvent(xdpy, 1, False, CurrentTime);

        XSync(xdpy, FALSE);

        But I have found the above fragment works on some computer, and on
others
computer it dosn't work at all.

        I intercept the the gtk event loop and printf the event type. I have
found
that in the computer not working, the gtk doesn't receive motion event at all
and only receives press and release button event, while in the working
computer, the gtk receives press, motion, release event.

        So if you have some experience, please give me some advice.

        Thank you!

        BRs,
        Baisheng