How to change xorg.conf to use intel driver

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Wed Nov 21 15:41:07 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 02:31:36PM -0800, Al Pacifico wrote:
> I've been trying to get the intel driver to work correctly with my
> Intel 915GM/Dell 2007WFP under Debian "lenny", but can't seem to get
> any traction.
>
> Previously, I'd had the i810 and 915resolution hack working nicely
> with Debian "etch", but I upgraded to "lenny" and neither the intel
> driver or the i810 seems to work for me.

On Debian, -i810 is simply an alias for -intel.  If you could get the
"real" i810 driver, my guess is that it would work as before.

I doubt it's just a configuration problem.  (Your system probably ought
to run properly with no xorg.conf at all in fact.)  Since you have some
errors listed indicating problems with DRI, I'd suggest starting there -
try disabling it in xorg.conf or figuring out why 915_dri.so is missing.

Bryce