[Patch] twm: combined patchset

Ed Schouten ed at fxq.nl
Wed Nov 21 09:18:39 PST 2007

Hello Eeri,

* Eeri Kask <Eeri.Kask at inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> In my opinion too, this would be a very helpful feature.  It would be
> even perfect if in all places you can specify a window name in a list in
> .twmrc you could use regexp notation generally.  (E.g., vtwm has it for
> some years probably.)
>
> (Probably all strcmp() calls in LookInList() and GetColorFromList() in
> list.c are the starting place to look at.)  :-)

Well, I'm not sure about that. We're supposed to keep it minimalistic,
right? But I'm only saying this because I don't have a use for that
(yet).

Anyway: I've finished my patchset, consisting of three new features I
wanted my twm to be capable of:

1. The wildcard support, which allows you to match all windows in
   AutoRaise and, more important, WindowRing.
2. Retaining focus when moving the pointer on the root window.
3. Automatically focusing windows after they have been placed on screen.

I've written the last patch, because I tend to use the keyboard a lot.
It would be nice if I could just press a keycombo to start the terminal
and have focus on it automatically. Right now you first have to move the
mouse cursor on top of the window, which is awful in my opinion.

All of these new features are documented in the man page as well.

It would be great if this patchset could get committed, because I think
all three features will at least be used by some people. ;-)

Enjoy!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/