xserver from git removes lots of visuals

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Nov 19 10:56:22 PST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 4:59 AM, Johannes Engel <j-engel at gmx.de> wrote:
> Good morning everyone!
>
> Using xserver from git together with mesa and drm from git removes most
> of the X visuals which also seems to prevent compiz from starting
> ("compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a double buffered GL visual")
> As far as I can see the root visual *is* still a double buffered GL
> visual (see attached output of xdpyinfo).
> I also attach the output of glxinfo
> a) with xserver 1.4.0 from openSUSE 10.3 X.Org 7.3 repository and
> b) with xserver from git.

Looking at glxinfo from the git server, it does look like your root
visual isn't actually double-buffered:

>    visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
>  id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
> 0x21 16 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
> 0x22 16 dc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> 0x5c 32 tc  0 16  0 r  .  .  5  6  5  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None

0x21 is the root visual and it should have a 'Y' in the db column if
it was double buffered.  The new visual code should pick a double
buffered fbconfig for the root visual, but clearly that doesn't
happen.  Also, the root visual has accum buffers, which is pretty
broken.  I'm guessing the new code has some problems with 16bpp, I'll
take a closer look.

cheers,
Kristian