X-7.3 & Mesa 7.0.1 vs. Tux Racer

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:32:37 PST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 7:56 AM, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > It is unfortunate that Tux Racer seems to have been orphaned some time
> > ago.  It has now reached the point where the last release (0.6.1) will
> > not build against the current GL.
> >
> > You get an absurd error message:
> >
> > checking whether glx.h defines glXGetProcAddressARB... no
> > configure: error: Your copy of glx.h is out of date.  You can get a more
> > recent copy from the latest Mesa distribution
> > (http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net).
> >
> > Is there any possibility of getting this to work, or is it hopeless?
>

> glXGetProcAddressARB is still defined in glx.h and will probably never
> be removed.  I don't recall any changes to glx.h with regards to that
> function/extension.
>
> Have you double-checked your glx.h file?

It's trying to compile a dummy program like this

#include <GL/glx.h>
int main() {
char *foo = (char*) glXGetProcAddressARB;
return 0;
}

Looking at glx.h and glxext.h, the prototype is only included if
GLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES is defined. Try this:

CPPFLAGS="-DGLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES" ./configure ...

--
Dan