Big-Endian problem with Fujitsu CoralPA (Clemens Koller)

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Thu Nov 15 04:32:34 PST 2007

Jarno Manninen schrieb:
 > I had the same problem, or still have if you will, with endianess but with
 > SMI722. Quick and easy, but still a bit slow solution is to deny all SW
 > access to the framebuffer and swap the  bytes correctly in
 > UploadTo/DownloadFrom-screen functions. Needless to say this requires EXA to
 > work. However this just plain sucks for drawing non accelerated graphics, but
 > one could do some imaginative juggling of the fb-layers ROP variables to fix
 > that.

That's also an idea - interesting but propably not the way it should be.

My idea was to
1) understand the details
2) do it right, w/o performance penalty.

I currently suck at both points due to my very limited time I can
spend on this problem. :-(

 > Now that I've almost finished renovation/moving and the ISP finally managed to
 > connect the cables I can start to figuring out where/how to put my Q&D hacks.

Just post it to the list and/or put it in a git repository?

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH