Faster window resize in a composite manager

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:31:13 PST 2007

Hi Dennis,

> I've seen a great resize speed improvement (still not as fast as without
> compiz) with the nvidia binary driver and got also positive feedback from
> tests with the intel driver.

Thanks a lot for working on this. Window-resize performance is one of
the major issues which hinders me using a composition manager.

It has always been a problem with some kind of ping-pong:
- Driver creators said its not their responsibility
- Composition Manager guys said its because the underlaying
infrastructure does not provide enough functionality to implement it
more efficient
- XOrg ...  I guess they had more improtant things to do ;)

Thanks a lot, lg Clemens