EDID decoding in libXrandr?

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Tue Nov 13 10:51:34 PST 2007

Hi,

I am considering adding an EDID parser to libXrandr. I am going to
need on in various places in GNOME, and the alternative is to cut and
paste it, since a libedidparser.so doesn't make much ssense, and since
a full EDID parser doesn't really belong in the GTK+ API either.

The parser would be a single API entry:

   int
   XRRParseEDID (const unsigned char *edid_data,
                 XRRMonitorInfo *info);

that would fill out the info struct if edid_data resembles an EDID
block sufficently (ie., it would be reasonably forgiving of malformed
data).

The code would be essentially these files:

        http://www.gnome.org/~ssp/randr/edid-parse.c
        http://www.gnome.org/~ssp/randr/edid.h

Comments?

Soren