[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.1.99

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Tue Nov 13 09:16:47 PST 2007

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:18 am Khashayar Naderehvandi wrote:
> With the git version, accelmethod defaults to EXA and most things seem to
> work just fine. But I'm kind of doubtful about EXA as default. Windows
> manipulation, compiz, etc., are snappy, but just scrolling in a browser
> uses 100% cpu. Especially when running compiz at the same time, scrolling
> text becomes painfully slow. Writing this email is really annoying as I
> type notably faster than the characters appear on the screen.
>
> If this issue supposed to be fixed for the final 2.2 release? If not, I'd
> suggest using XAA as default...

Can you try using the "ExaNoComposite" option?  That may bring you back to
XAA/noaccel performance levels.

The reason for moving to EXA by default is that XAA simply can't support
several of the features the driver has available, like a tiled frontbuffer or
framebuffer compression.  Carl, Keith and Dave have been working on the
performance problems, but they probably won't be fixed for this release.

Jesse