[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.1.99

Zhenyu Wang zhen78 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:10:57 PST 2007

On 2007.11.09 14:46:28 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/x11-driver-video-intel/current/SOURCES/
>
> * xf86-video-intel-2.1.1-Fix-G33-GTT-stolen-mem-range.patch
> Fix needed after G33 changes added since kernel 2.6.22.6-3mdv2008.0
> (http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/9/20/71)

My patch for G33 GTT stolen mem was reverted in 2.6.23 kernel release,
because it didn't work with old DDX driver, which is bad for normal
users. Then I also reverted it in intel ddx driver, so don't cause
more compat issues.

With current kernel and intel ddx driver on G33, only 1M stolen
mem size will fail if you changed that in BIOS. I did have a patch in
that case by fix prealloced GTT counting with zero, although I don't
think using 1M stolen mem can give user any benefit. But I have to
find my patch as it was buried by sth else. This is harmless.