[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.1.99

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sun Nov 11 11:31:22 PST 2007

On Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:31 am Vedran Rodic wrote:
> I've tried running Xorg GIT (using jhbuild, everything is up to date)
> on my 945GM (Thinkpad X60s), and I had random hard lockup problems,
> and I've seen noticable slowdowns when using gmail in firefox. So I
> guess EXA vs XAA performance regressions are really making inpact on
> real world apps.
>
> I haven't done any extensive testing.

If you're running the git tip of everything, I'd expect you to see problems.
There's a lot of churn going on right now while TTM for 915 and 965 is ironed
out.  You might try going back to a released version of the kernel DRM
modules and Mesa (latest is 7.0.2) to see if your stability improves.

Jesse