xorg multiseat xgl

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Nov 10 17:42:37 PST 2007

Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Yan Seiner escreveu:
>> duportail wrote:
>>> I don not know if this is a xorg issue but I am building multiseat
>>> systems and in Ubuntu feisty all goes well,but in the new gutsy the
>>> system will not work.
>>> On these multiseat system I am starting an underlaying xorg server
>>> and on each screen I start an xgl session.
>>> In feisty there is no error,but in Gutsy the xgl sessions will not
>>> start because of the folowing error:
>>> Cannot get exclusive access to the keyboard.
>>> Is xorg taken exclusive access of the keyboards?
>>> Can I start X in a special way to prevent this error?
>>>

>> Hi:
>>
>> Could you please describe how you're doing this?
>>
>> Is there some documentation that I've missed or a current howto?
>>
>> I've been following an older howto which, alas, doesn't work.
>>
>> I desperately need to set up two multiseat setups and so far I've had
>> no luck.
>>

> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-November/029999.html

Hi Tiago:

I've been through the archives, also through your website, and also
through a few other resources.

Alas, I am not a X11 developer, and setting up a full build environment
that actually works and works well is not trivial.  My second-to-last
last effort got as far  as locking the machine up totally when Xgl
started; the current effort, trying to build Xgl from CVS fails since it
can't find a particular .h file in the Mesa tree....

I guess I am looking for some sort of testing packages or at least a
'multiseat for idiots' guide for Debian Lenny; there's only so many
projects I can stay on top of (I am involved in several embedded - no X
at all - projects).  At some point I have to draw the line and say, "For
xorg, I am a user, not a developer."  :-(

--Yan