TV output properties

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Nov 9 12:20:47 PST 2007

Since bugs.freedesktop.org seems to be down, I'm sending these patches out for
testing to the list.

They add hue, saturation, contrast and brightness properties to the TV output
and set default values that will hopefully work for people.  In order to use
the new properties though, you'll need the attached patch to xrandr to
properly display and set 8 bit integer values.

Please test it out and let me know if it works for you.

How to expose the various properties is still up in the air, right now they're
just exposed as 8 bit values, since that's what goes into the actual color
knob register, but they could be exposed in a friendlier way (e.g. hue as
0-360 degrees value, saturation and contrast as 2.6 fixed point values),
though that probably wouldn't make much difference to the user experience.
Any opinions?  Is that best left to fancy GUI applications?

Thanks,
Jesse