Syncing to VSync using xf86-video-amd on a Geode LX system

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:19:26 PST 2007

Hello,

We're running X.Org on a Geode LX system, using Fedora 8 Test 2 as our
base OS (we're going to update as soon as the release is out). We've
updated to the latest xf86-video-amd from git, as the version in F8
doesn't support our hardware, and now need to find out how we
synchronise drawing work to VSync.

Does the Geode have a VSync interrupt or equivalent we can use? If so,
how do we get at it under Linux?

The goal is to draw a scrolling text area smoothly, without tearing.
--
Thanks for any help,

Simon Farnsworth