xrandr doesn't unclone CRTCs...

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Nov 8 03:28:22 PST 2007

While implementing RandR 1.2 support for the randeonhd driver I stumbled
upon the following:

Two monitors, one 1024x768 CRT on output A, one 1280x1024 LVDS on output B.
The driver allows any output/crtc combinations, and any clone
combinations. If I disallow clones, everything works fine.

Initial:        A: 1024x768 on CRTC 1   B: 1280x1024 on CRTC 0
Disabling A:    xrandr --output A --off