Driver for Intel GMA X3100, how to install?

Aletta Karsies van Eeden alettaka at gmx.ch
Sun Nov 4 13:45:35 PST 2007

Thanks for the answers, I checked, and I do have this version 2.1.1, and in
opensuse 10.3 that I have installed now with the latest updates, it does see
my graphics card as Intel g33, so that seems fine. However, the resolution
that I get is clearly lower than 1680x1050, on the screen I see about 1260 X
1030 (as I have a wide screen, everything is stretched horizontally). In
addition to this on the bottom of the screen I miss about 20 pixels, and on
the right side a bit more falls outside the screen (I had the same problem
when I tried Ubuntu and Mandriva). In the Sax tool I cannot resize or move
the screen image. Does this mean there is still a bug in the driver, and if
yes, should I report this somewhere?

Regards, Aletta